Tuesday, July 14, 2009

80 and counting....

We celebrated my graddaddy's 80th birthday last month and due to crazy, busy (fun!!) life I haven't blogged about the party. But, I figure 80 years is worth posting about, huh? Even if it is a little late! :) We celebrated with family and great food in the backyard. I am so blessed to have four grandparents that have watched me grow and been such an active part of my life. My grandparents tell me often how they pray for me daily and how proud they are of me- wow it just makes my heart smile thinking about it!! Here are pictures of Granddaddy Bennett's birthday bash:

The birthday boy

Love


Grandmother and Granddaddy Bennett

Showing off the cake :) ha

Daddy...in his element


KC, Grandmother, Chris, and Jason just visiting

Daddy grilled ribs...they were "finger licking" good!! Plus we had all the staples that equal a good bar-b-que: buttered noodles, baked beans, broccoli salad, corn on the cob and buttered bar-b-que bread. YUM-O And for dessert...birthday cake and homemade ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. I think your dad was definitely in his element, and i don't think he knows how to bar b q without having buttered noodles :) did he keep some for himself separate that had extra butter???

    ReplyDelete