Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"perfectly sized portions of personal happiness"


That is the definition I found online for CUPCAKES!! haha I loved it...what a great explanation of these sweet treats! My last weekend was consumed with cupcakes, I can't complain!



I started off Friday morning making this cupcake-- it's actually a smash cake! Precious Lila turned one on Saturday and her sweet momma gave the joy of making her little cake. It was a white cake with butter cream frosting and a few store bought sprinkles to finish it off. What a fun cake to make and for such a sweet little girl. Happy birthday Miss Priss!! Hope you had fun diggin into your cake :)


The rest of the day Friday (and the early hours of Saturday morning) Robyn and I spent baking almost 400 mini cupcakes and about 35-40 truffles for our One2One Progressive Dinner. By the end of the night, err morning, we were worn out! But it was all worth it when we set out the finished product Saturday night and saw the fruits of our labor!! The entire dinner was a huge success, despite the rain. We started at Matt's for appetizers, moved on to Patrick's for salads, then to Cindy's for the entree, and finally out to my parents' for dessert. What a night!
See what you think:


BEFORE


AFTER


Matt's house blessing the food before appetizers


pasta at Cindy's with three different kinds of sauces to choose from


Me, Robyn, and Amy getting the cupcakes ready for the crowd! :)


We had eight different kinds of treats......
Ok...now I'm off to the gym to try to reverse the damage that was done!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the first big cupcake. Where did you get the mold to make it?? Is it hard to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miss Natalie for my smash cake ... I didn't really get into smashing it, but Mommy and Daddy have REALLY enjoyed eating it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tracy!! I didn't use a mold but I have seen them at Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart. I just used two cake pans I already had. It was two layers of a 4 or 5 inch round on the bottom and then half of a ball cake (I had that cake pan from back in my "diamond doll" days) to make the top of the cupcake. It was really an easy cake!! :)

    ReplyDelete