This past weekend was jam packed full of fun...with the time change and our busy schedule it took me several days to recover!!
Friday afternoon Chris was offered the job he applied for with the City of Auburn. Praise God!! The timing was just right and I know that he is going to do great in this position!! Then Friday night Katie Caroline had try-outs for the OMS cheerleader squad....and SHE MADE IT!! We are so excited for her and know that God gave her the ability to learn the routines, do the jumps, and have calm nerves as she tried out, to Him be all the glory and praise!!
We made KC a poster and mint chocolate chip cake to celebrate. We all danced around the kitchen for her and dad even tried to do a split! haha It was so funny!
Disclaimer: The mixer was unplugged as he was licking and the beater was washed with warm soapy water before anymore icing was made :)
Saturday the 13th was Charlsie's 13th birthday...she celebrated with a limo ride around town. I made her a mint chocolate chip cake decorated with purple butter cream frosting...I hear the cake was hit. I sure do hope so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLSIE!!! Then, Saturday night we took our annual trip to the Montgomery Rodeo. We ran into the Blackmon family while we were there and had fun catching up with them over hot doughnuts after the rodeo. Such a fun night with family and friends!
Charlsie's cake
KC and Turner at the Rodeo
Me and Chris
Isn't Brooks the cutest cowboy?? :)
...wait I forgot about these two cowboys!!
Bennett with his buddy, Cates.
Waiting outside Krispy Kreme for some Hot and Fresh doughnuts, YUM!
Sunday our sweet baby Brooks was baptized at Trinity UMC. He was surrounded by family and friends that promised to teach him to love and serve the Lord. It was such a special day. After church we ate yummy food at Cock of the Walk and then went back to Shelley and Jason's house for cake and ice cream. The cake was triple chocolate cake with a filling of chocolate fudge butter cream with Oreo pieces and the outside icing was almond butter cream....YUM-O!


Shelley, Brooks, and Jason
Bennett wasn't excited about the photo shoot :)
WOW...
"Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope." Ephesians 3:20
Bennett with his buddy, Cates.
Sunday our sweet baby Brooks was baptized at Trinity UMC. He was surrounded by family and friends that promised to teach him to love and serve the Lord. It was such a special day. After church we ate yummy food at Cock of the Walk and then went back to Shelley and Jason's house for cake and ice cream. The cake was triple chocolate cake with a filling of chocolate fudge butter cream with Oreo pieces and the outside icing was almond butter cream....YUM-O!
WOW...
"Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope." Ephesians 3:20
Thanks! I loved the cake! (:
ReplyDeleteI loved the samples I got to try!!! Delicious.
ReplyDeletePS. I love the disclaimer on the beater picture!! Still, I heard that little ones' spit adds that extra little sweetness to the mix. :)