Brace yourselves folks...I am reading a book! Yes, Natalie Ann Bennett is actually sitting still and quiet for a moment in time and reading :) To put it lightly, I have never been a book worm nor did I ever think that I would define a book with the words "addictive and contagiously wonderful"-- but friends I am here to tell this book is just that!!
It is a written challenge to not only call yourself a Christian by avoiding those "big sins" and being a "good person" but to go beyond that and recognize God's crazy love for us and embrace the passionate love relationship that He longs to have with me and you. This book wants you to say to yourself, "So long status quo... it is no longer good enough!" Francis Chan describes vividly how different your life will be once you encounter His love. After all when you are wildly in love with someone, it changes everything! This book looks at how the Bible calls us to live our lives and Francis stresses the importance of measuring our spiritual health not by the people around us, who are pretty much like us, but by God standards. Remember God's not grading on a curve like your high school English teacher! Sure it is fine and politically correct to believe in God, but to really love Him is a whole different story.
I am so excited about what I have to learn and change in myself from this reading this book...I encourage you to pick it up and take a look. It is an easy read and one that I think will be well worth your time (and $14)! Oh also the website www.crazylovebook.com has some incredible videos (especially"Just Stop and Think") check them out! Let me know what you think...
No comments:
Post a Comment