This morning Jaime and I went on a little "girl talk" walk and just as my house was back in our sights (about two blocks away) I said, "Hey to be so cloudy, I can't believe we made it the whole way without getting wet!" As the words slipped off my tongue... the heavens opened up and the rain sprinkled down!! We both laughed so hard...it was totally amazing. We thought about running the last little bit but we couldn't muster up the strength ha ha. I never knew that walking in the rain could be so relaxing and refreshing. The time I spent this morning was cherished!! I don't know if it was the sweet and honest conversation between friends, the irony in the timing of the cooling rain (Did I mention it is now a beautifully sunny day out?!), or the knowledge that finally I am doing something good for my health and body. Whatever it was I am looking forward to tomorrow morning's neighborhood walk!Oh and yes my air conditioning is finally fixed, just in time for this January's cold front! ha
No comments:
Post a Comment