It's amazing how much you can accomplish by 9 am when you have been AWAKE since 5 am...this morning I had already made the bed, done some laundry, emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, vacuumed up a million Christmas tree needles, had a cup of coffee, redesigned my blog page, and gotten all dressed for my exercise "date" with Jaime. I figured after tossing and turning for half an hour, I should get up and try to be productive since it was way too HOT (yes hot in January) to sleep.
Here's the story...two nights ago as I was un-decorating from Christmas (yes I was so sad!!) I realized that it was overwhelmingly hot in my small, little, tiny space but I immediately ignored the thought... I mean after all it is small (have I mentioned that?) and I had been climbing up and down the stairs and step ladder all afternoon so I just chalked the heat up as a product of my very hard work-ha! Also I had thrown some pork ribs in the crock pot earlier, so I figured that it might be putting off a little extra heat as well. But oh NO!! My fears were quickly confirmed when my parents, Katie Caroline, Anna Kat and Brittni all crammed in to my already small (and now stuffy) living room. Yes indeed the air is NOT working. As you can all imagine, I was not a happy camper! (I mean come on my feet were swelling it was so hot in here, ugh!)
I broke down made the oh so dreaded call to the land lord. I just hate to call to tell him that he is going to have to fork out more cash to fix something else that's broken. Last month it was the hot water heater (I don't know which is worse a cold shower or a hot house??)... and now this! I want to be a good renter and for some stupid reason I feel as though when I call to report something that needs to be fixed, that all of a sudden the problem becomes my fault. Anyway after questioning why I need the air in January and me sweetly explaining that it is 72 degrees in Alabama and no matter what the calendar says--I am HOT, he said he would take care of it...yay! :)
So, after sweating it out for a whole day (of which I tried to stay away from home as much as possible) and even worse two sleepless nights, the repair man showed up this morning at 8:30. Within 10 minutes he said, "That should do it little lady!" Oh I wanted to run down my back porch steps and hug his neck. (I contained myself and decided that might not be necessary-ha!) Good choice seeing as though my house is still HOT! Now I am am truly a very not so happy camper! I just called him back in dismay (don't worry I used my sweet voice) Oh will my house ever be cool again?? Tonight I had such great plans of a long, restful night of sweet dreams. I guess I should look on the bright side, at least all the chores I wanted to accomplish today have already been knock out of the way. Talk about trying to make lemonade out of lemons!! Wish me luck for the repair man's second visit...
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment