Wow! What a profound little statement. So much truth...and conviction! When I think back over the last ummmm lets say six years of my life I realize that there have been lots of laughter and tears, good times and bad, unbelievable accomplishments along with heartbreaking disappointments, and sweet memories mixed in with lousey ones but I also realize that none of those things would have been the same had it not been for the group of people that I call my friends. You see your friends set the tone for your life. They effect your environment, your conversation, your dating life, your habits, your attitude, and hey sometimes they even effect your wardrobe! I currently have the most amazing, incredible, dependable, awesome sweet, fun friends that a girl could ask for-- but it hasn't always been that way. Don't get me wrong I am blessed, satifsfied and grateful for exactly who I am today and where I am in my life. And understand me when I say that I am thankful for the role that each one of my friends have played in my life but I can't help but wonder how things would have been different had some those friendships never blossomed? What if I had been a little more selective in choosing my "cabinet of advisors." I mean after all isn't that what friends are sometimes? Aren't they the ones you often seek for comfort, guidance, and approval?? What if they aren't giving the comfort, guidance, or approval that God desires for you in your life? There have friendships in my life that have come and gone and served their purpose for a time and others remain constant and true. But one thing I have learned is that when I seek God and His friendship I won't be disappointed, let down, or mislead. And if I am obiediant He will provide earthly friendships that are promising and true. So to the friends of mine reading this that have always been there to give me godly counsel and love me through thick and thin-- thank you, I am truly blessed! So I'll show you my friends and you will see that my future looks bright! :)
(Click to enlarge)
(Click to enlarge)
No comments:
Post a Comment